Note: The steps or principles below may also apply if you want to STOP or PREVENT Hackers from Stealing Your Account Password for other Social Networking Sites, such as Twitter, Google+, and etc.
STEPS ON HOW TO PREVENT OR STOP HACKERS FROM STEALING YOUR FACEBOOK PASSWORD
1. FACEBOOK HACKERS CAN STEAL YOUR PASSWORD WITH A KEY LOGGER
The number one rule is, if you want to protect your account from Hackers, you have to know how hackers steal your account. What we have to understand is, if your computer is already infected with a virus, such as Trojan or other malicious software. Most probably, you already have a key logger installed on your computer.
A Key Logger is a type of spyware that stores all of your password that you save or put in on your browser, and sends it to the email address of a hacker. So, make sure that you scan and clean up your computer for viruses. A strong antivirus program can easily remove nasty viruses out of your computer.
It's a good practice NOT TO CLICK on "Remember me" or "Keep me logged in". And, make sure that your FIREWALL and Internet Security are always ON. Full Scan for Viruses regularly using your trusted Internet Security.
2. PREVENT OR STOP HACKING YOUR FACEBOOK, BANK OR OTHER PERSONAL ACCOUNT INFORMATION USING A VIRTUAL KEYBOARD
Most people ignore this very special software tool. If you purchase an Internet Security, such as KASPERKSY INTERNET SECURITY 2012, you can have this free Virtual Keyboard. When entering a credit card number, username and password on a website, whether it's a banking or social networking sites using a normal keyboard, there is always a risk of this data being recorded by a spyware. Once it is save, is then sent to the intruder through the Internet.
But, if you use a Virtual Keyboard, it prevents your username, password or any important account information from being seen by a spyware. The special encryption on the Virtual Keyboard hides the information that you are entering from a spyware, if ever your computer has a spyware or key logger infection.
3. HTTPS VS HTTP - HOW TO ENABLE SECURE BROWSING ON YOUR FACEBOOK
I'm sure you have noticed the letters "http://" on the address bar of your Internet browsers. And, "https://" when you are logging in a Banking or Money Transfer Websites. Let us discuss first the importance of these syntax or codes.
Hypertext Transfer Protocol or "http://" -Is a standard syntax, using Port 80, unsecured and sends any information you do on your browser for anyone to read. Which can let hackers gain access to website accounts and sensitive information, without any verifcation or added security layers.
YOU ---->INTERNET---->WEBSITE SERVER
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure or "https://" -Is much secured, by default, it use a Port 443. Everything you put in on your browser such as your account info, credit card number, expiration date, username, password and etc., is encrypted.
YOU ---->INTERNET---->ENCRYPTED SERVER---->WEBSITE SERVER
Not all websites are equipped for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure or "https://", since it requires a secure server to encrypt the exchange of messages from a User to Website Server. That's why only Banking or Money Transfer Websites are required to have this protocol. Browsing the Internet doesn't really require secure sockets layer.
The good news is, if you are being paranoid or you just simply want an extra protection. You can now Enable Secure Browsing on your Facebook, just follow the steps below:
1. On the upper Right hand side of your Screen, Right click on the Small pull down bar. Then, select "Account Settings" by Left clicking on it.
2. Then, on the upper Left hand side, look for Security, then, Right click on the Security option.
3. You will see there, "Secure Browsing", then, next to it, on the Right side of it, you will see the word "Edit", just Left click on it.
4. Left click on the small box that says, "Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) when possible", to place a check mark on it. Then, Left click on Save Changes.
Now, you can browse your Facebook Account in a much secured environment...
4. PASSWORD 101
Most people's account are vulnerable from hacking attacks because, they are using a weak password or something that people around him could easily guess. So, how can we Prevent Hackers from Stealing our Facebook Password, if our password is not secured enough? Here are the things you have to remember when making up a password.
- Don't use Common Words -Such as your Nick Name, Pet's Name, Favorite Book, and etc.
- Make your Password - Alphanumeric (combinations of numbers and letters).
- Don't use numbers related to you. Such as your Cellphone Numbers, Birthday or Anniversary Dates. Even, your Car's Plate Number.
- Increase the Length of your Passord. - "The Longer the Better"
- Don't save your Password on your Computer. It's always best to manually type that in, if ever you need to sign in.
- Add Symbols or Characters to Make your Password Stronger - You can add "$,&,@,!,#"
- Don't use Default Passwords. Usually, if you just had your password reset through an Automated System, you'll be given a generic password, it is always advised to change it as soon as you receive the new password.
- Make your Password Case Sensitive -Utilize lower and upper case when typing in a Password.
5. CLEAR CACHE AND COOKIES
These are just the few steps that you can try to STOP OR PREVENT HACKERS FROM STEALING YOUR FACEBOOK PASSWORD. Let me add, don't click on a link if you are not sure where it is coming from, because, it might be going to a website that is infected with a nasty virus. There are tons of other steps, it's too many to mention. But, I hope this helps! If you like this post, please, don't forget to subscribe below. Thank you!
P.S. Get the latest updates from this blog, straight to your email! Subscribe NOW!